Wednesday, December 26, 2012

My beginings


I never thought I would start one of these.  I am typically not one that keeps a journal and I would never scrapbook, but I thought I would give this a try.

My name is Stephanie and I am 35 years old for only thirty more days.  I really don't feel this old.  I certanly did not see myself where I am at in life when I was younger.  I dreamed that I would have had children before I turned thirty years old.  I never wanted to be an "old" mom.  So funny how life goes.  My only childeren are my two dogs, cat and three horses and sometimes my husband counts as a child.  I am not complaining about where I am at in life, just more suprised. I guess if you look at my life though, I do things later in life. 

I was the first person in my family to ever graduate college on either side. I am the very first!  I hold that with honor.  I worked hard for it.  I graduated at 33 years old.  I thought that college was the best time of my life.  I had the most supportive husband who let me consentrate on going to school instead of a job. I don't think I could have done it any other way! 

I have lived pretty much in the same spot my whole life.  Jefferson County, Colorado.  I love Colorado.  I dont know if I could call anywhere else home.  My parents live near and I see them often.  My brother lives close by also so I get to see him often too.  That really is a blessing in my life.  I never realized how very close and kind of dependant on my parents I am. 

I have horses!  I have been horse crazy my whole life.  My very first horse was Frost Sid Kay.  I got her when she was 9 months old.  She was a grey little thing with a black mane and tail and black points on her legs.  I called her Sidney and she tought me so much.  She is white with freckles now.  People call that "Flea Bitten Grey".  I will write more about my horses later.

No comments:

Post a Comment