Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Turkey Meatballs- 21 Day Fix Approved


I make these turkey meatballs for my lunches and they are really yummy! Packed with protein and flavor they are a  perfect option for your red container!

Ingredients
1 pound lean ground turkey
1/2 cup oats (I put mine in the blender or food processor to make a little finer)
2 tbsp 21 Day Fix Mediterranean Seasoning (see my blog post with this recipe click here)   http://dealdiehl.blogspot.com/2014/03/21-day-fix-mediterranean-seasoning.html
1 egg
Salt and Pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  Place turkey in a bowl with the oats, seasonings and egg.  Mix until incorporated, but do not over mix.  Over mixing will result in a really tough meatball.  Take and make a meatball that is about 1.5 ounces in size.  This should make 15 meatballs total.   Place on a cookie sheet sprayed with cooking spray. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the temperature of the center of your meatballs is 165 degrees.

Three meatballs is a red container.


See my shopping list blog where I show you how AFFORDABLE eating healthy can be... In fact I think I show you how you cant afford to not eat healthy! 
 





3 comments:

  1. I'm going to make these later today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm wondering why this doesn't also count as a partial yellow container because of the oats! I've made these a few times - they are great on their own or with a no sugar added pasta sauce (green) or salsa (purple). Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is not enough oats in the 5 servings to count this as a yellow. If you think about it, that would mean shakeology is then a red and a yellow because it actually has MORE carbs in it than it does protein by a few grams. :) Thanks for the question

    ReplyDelete