Friday, April 4, 2014

21 Day Fix Approved- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken


Struggling to find something delicious for your weekly meal prep?  Here is what I am going to do for next weeks meals!  Thai Coconut Curry Chicken!  This recipe is super versatile! 





This is a RED, GREEN, YELLOW and BLUE container so be sure to check it off your list. I am going to prepare 5 days worth of my lunches and have them ready to go in my fridge so all I have to do in my mornings is just grab it and go, saving me time and money!!!

Here is what you need:

-5 Red containers worth of COOKED (grilled or baked) chicken breast, seasoned with salt and pepper and cut into 1 inch chunks.

-5 Green containers of stir-fry veggies. Fresh or frozen is fine.

-5 Yellow containers of cooked brown rice.

-1/4 cup chopped cilantro

Sauce
1/2 cup 2% plain Greek Yogurt
4 Tbsp light coconut milk
1 Tbsp Creamy Natural Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Curry Powder (or more if you like it!)

Directions:
Heat large skillet or wok on medium-high heat.

In a bowl mix together the ingredients for the Thai Curry Sauce. If you would like a thinner sauce, you can add a little water to thin it down. Set aside.

Once skillet or wok is warm add 1.5 tsp of coconut oil to pan and add your veggies.  Season with a little salt and pepper. Cook until your veggies are aldente.

Assemble your containers for your lunches.

Assemble your meals ahead of time to save time while on the 21 Day Fix Meal Plan


-Be sure to choose a container large enough to fit all your 21 Day Fix portions in it! 

- Start with your yellow container of brown rice.

-Then add your green container of veggies

-Next is your red container of chicken

-Finally top off with a blue container of sauce.

-Garnish with a bit of your chopped cilantro on top.

Be sure to secure your lids on and keep in your fridge.

An option to eliminate your yellow container and ADD a green container is use a bed of bean sprouts uncooked first on your first layer.

I can't wait to eat this!!!

Need help sticking to the 21 Day Fix or just want some extra motivation?  You've come to the right place.  Check out my blog for tons of 21 Day Fix recipes, tips and help.  Want even more?  I work with people online so they get the best results they can with the 21 Day Fix program!  Just send me an email at smdiehl03@gmail.com with 21 Day Fix Coaching in the subject line and we can get you on the path to success!

12 comments:

  1. This is a good way to avoid eating unhealthy food. It looks delicious and so easy to cook. Thanks for this video.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does a Green container of veggies turn out to be once they are cooked? Half of a Green?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You put one whole green container of cooked veggies in your dish. Measure most everything cooked on the 21 Day fix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH. I was thinking pre-cooked. What about meats? Cooked or precooked?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Meats are cooked measured in your red container

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had this tonight, first day of the 21 Day Fix for me. It was delicious and very filling! Thanks for posting the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome, Beth! I hope you have some great results on the 21 Day Fix!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can you explain why the sauce counts as a blue container please?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I count this as a blue because of the healthy fat content in the peanut butter and the coconut milk.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks tasty!
    The Majority of the sauce is yogurt, which is a red food. I wouldn't think the small amount of light coconut milk and peanut butter would make it a whole blue. I would probably count it as 1/2 blue. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks tasty!
    The Majority of the sauce is yogurt, which is a red food. I wouldn't think the small amount of light coconut milk and peanut butter would make it a whole blue. I would probably count it as 1/2 blue. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, just found your blog and I was wondering what size are those containers?

    ReplyDelete