Tuesday, September 13, 2016

21 Day Fix Crock Pot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


21 Day Fix Crockpot Chicken and Wild Rice Soup


Life has been busy!  My husband and I have adopted two kiddos, ages 6 and 7 and they moved in full time with us in July.  What an amazing adventure! It is wonderful and scary all at the same time.  I went back to work full time and have found making  healthy dinners in the week can be very challenging! 

This dinner was a hit, was easy to make and is pretty delicious!  In the morning I threw all this in the crock pot and set it on low.  When I got home, it was cooked to perfection!

Chicken and Wild Rice

21 Day Fix Chicken and Wild Rice Soup



Ingredients-

2 cups baby carrots, washed
2 cups rough chopped celery
1 medium white onion, rough chopped
1 bay leaf
4 chicken breasts
4 cups Chicken Stock
2 tbsp dried parsley
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp oregano
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp black pepper
salt to taste

1 cup cooked wild rice

Directions
Place all ingredients in the crockpot except the wild rice.  Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until done. 

EASY!  Now to serve, I measure out one yellow of rice and place in the bowl before I add the rest of the soup.  about 1-1/2 cups of soup is 1 red and 1/2 green.   If you are short of yellows, you don't need to add the rice and you still have a really yummy, flavorful soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment